Can you imagine Indian food without spices? Indian food is known for the number of spices it is used to make. You can’t even think of food without the use of spices in it. Spices act as the flavouring or colouring substance that adds flavour and colour to the food. Spice can be in the form of roots, fruit, bark, and other forms.
India is a hub of spices will find a variety of spices here. You don’t need to search for the spices, you can easily avail them from your local market. In India, Kerala spices online is the hub of Indian spices. Most spices are grown in Kerala. Let’s have a look at some of the health benefits of spices.
- Ajwain:- It is known for the numerous health benefits it has within. Ajwain helps to improve the immunity of the person and keeps our heart healthy. They are chewed directly or consumed in hot water. Though the taste of ajwain is bitter it has a group of health benefits. Ajwain keeps our digestion proper and taken during stomach aches.
- Clove:- They are the powerhouse of antioxidants, it has numerous about of minerals, vitamins in it. The antibacterial and antifungal properties of cloves have many health benefits. It is mainly used for the treatment of toothache and stomach aches. You can directly consume it mix it with something for its consumption. It also helps in getting better sleep. You can apply clove oil on the forehead for getting relaxing sleep.
- Coriander:- If used in making a dish it is best known for the flavour it adds to it. Other than adding flavour to the dish it also has health benefits. Coriander has antioxidant properties and fibre that keeps healthy working of our liver. You find any problem of indigestion then you can add coriander to your food to solve this problem. It keeps our digestion system proper and improves it.
- Cinnamon:- Cinnamon is attained from the bark of a tree that has a natural sweetness in it. The people having the problem of high blood sugar should consume it. It gives a pinch of sweetness to our food without adding sugar to it. It also helps to keep our heart healthy by keeping cholesterol normal. A person who is diabetic having a high risk of heart problems.
- Turmeric:- It is one of the most used spices in Indian food. Every dish is incomplete without turmeric. Instead of this it has various health benefits and is used in many home remedies. It is known to cure the problem of discomfort. The person who gets injured is given turmeric milk to reduce the pain. It has anti-inflammatory properties that have the ability to fight depression.
- Garlic:- Every dish is incomplete without the use of garlic. The flavour that adds to the dish makes the dish tasty. Garlic even has some impressive health benefits. Garlic has some properties that help to regulate high blood pressure. Due to its exceptional properties, it fights cancer. You are having a cold then you must have garlic to protect yourselves from germs.
These are the few spices that are used in our daily routine and have health benefits. Many other spices are also there in India that too have health benefits. Spices of Kerala are the best spices in India.